Saturday, November 4, 2023

Nov 4, The First HOME of HOMEvember is Michelle Miles!

I actually painted this one last year for the HOMEvember project, but then it was one of the first to go in the fire that took our pets Jan 8, so it seemed appropriate to repaint it today.  I'm not sure it's quite done, but I'm happy I got this far!  And I do think I'm going to keep this project to 15, if not 10 because it does take longer to paint a house than a pet... there's a lot more futzy detail in a house. Bricks, windows, gutters, you name it!

And today I am thankful for people who love otters too!!!  Dang all!  I post three otter paintings and two of them go immediately- you sure know how to warm my heart. I have loved otters since I first became aware of them through books and toys at age seven, and then somehow saw "A Ring Of Bright Water" on a Saturday afternoon movie and fell more in love, and then when the Minnesota Zoo opened in Eagan and there were not ONE, not TWO, but THREE kinds of otters there (Indian, River and Sea), well HECK!  That's where I wanted to be!

And GUESS WHAT!!!  That link to the movie will bring you to it on Youtube!!!!  The book is a good read as well~

So there is still room for a few more homes if you'd like to send me one!  Thank you!

8x10 acrylic on canvas
sold

No comments: