Friday, November 24, 2023

Nov 24, Happy Noses Up!

 Here's another otter! I am so OTTERLY fortunate, my friends! What a lovely Thanksgiving we had yesterday~ I hope you did too. Duane was in the kitchen most of the morning, and in between turkey cooking and the wild rice, we moved two loads of my mom's paintings from the shop, Corrigan Eclectic, which mom has sold. 

She's been worried about getting all her work back from the shop and where to put it and what to do with it all, which I still remember being one of the big messages I talked about in college when I first seriously claimed "ARTIST" as my career choice. Storage is a problem for all visual artists. Other arts, like theater, dance, music, don't produce physical products through practice, but a visual artist has to make things, has to move that paint brush, that pencil, study their subject, and that creates STUFF.  And that means the STUFF has to be managed.   

In college, I also painted REALLY big paintings- and I still have a lot of them. Whales mostly- lost a few in the fire, because we had them hanging in our stairwell- so THIS one I'm posting here is a LITTLE painting, just 6 inches by 12 inches, and those are not as hard to store! For you OR me!

I like these- I may have it with me next weekend at my art sales! Unless you snag it from here!

12x6 acrylic on wood
$150


No comments: