Thursday, November 30, 2023

Nov 30, Sidewalk Sentinel

 So I painted a crow. Do you know I love to paint black animals? Do you know I used to own an umbrella cockatoo named Nemo but my ex husband took her away with him and she was like a white version of a crow in terms of intelligence and social life? And so now crows make me think of Nemo.

This one was in Portland last January when I went out to see my great friend Lori over New Year's Eve- that was a fun trip, and rather calm and restful actually. So many grays out there- different than Minnesota in many ways, especially in the winter.

And today I am grateful for my head lamp to light my way as I trot along with little Pompom in the early morning dark, following her little tush as she hops up and leaves a small "gift" on a lawn and I can see to pick it up. I also appreciate that the light shows me where the sidewalks are a bit uneven where the tree roots have pushed them up. I don't want to catch a toe and go sprawling on my chin!

16x8 acrylic on wood
$256


No comments: