Thursday, July 30, 2015

July 30, Frankie!

Frankie is such a sweet faced guy~  when Audrey sent me these photos and we had a conversation about our cockers we have loved, I immediately felt that love for my old black cocker spaniel, Jojo. He was a squishy old dog, eight or older when I adopted him at the pound and skinny, and he never barked.  I had Jojo for four years until he developed serious mouth cancer and we had to let him go, and for a long time after he died I felt his soft, loving presence near me.  Audrey seemed to have the same experience with her Frankie.  There are some animals who really do make our hearts so much bigger, it is sad that they have to take a piece of it when they go~

I tried to include his multi-colored sweater in this, but I am not sure I like it...

15x15 acrylic on panel, SOLD

And the 30 Dogs Opening Celebration is THIS SATURDAY at DIAMOND'S COFFEE, 1618 Central Ave NE!  from 6 to 8 pm!  Come see all the dogs!

No comments: