Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, Elvis!

You didn't know Elvis was a part of this collection, did you?!
Ha!  and I found one of my fav brushes and LOVED painting those strokes around his face-  dang!  I love paint!
This is Elvis' story, from Eve, his loving owner~
He was originally named Joey and was surrendered to a high kill shelter in Ohio because he did not hunt and barked when left tied outside during storms. When I fostered him last fall he had major anxiety issues. He is much calmer these days and enjoys the company of my other dog, Victory or Vic a 2014 30 Days dog. I re-named him as I thought he needed a new start and since he is a big 'talker' I thought of the Elvis Presley song Hound Dog since he barks a lot and has never caught a rabbit - although he is a good friend of mine unlike the song.
This is Elvis with a retouched nose, because I didn't like how cone-like it appears below-  and the funny thing too, is the lighting this morning wasn't as good as when I took the photo yesterday!  Because the color of the floor and the rest of Elvis below is much truer than this photo above!  Aint' that crazy?  I do like the re-done nose better, myself...


8x10 acrylic on panel, sold

No comments: