Sunday, March 3, 2024

March 4, Hanging the SHOW!

I spent yesterday afternoon hanging my exhibition at the Vine Arts Center with my great friend Jean Wright!

I wanted to get it up as soon as possible and I spent Friday carrying all the paintings I thought I'd want to use down the hall from my studio to the gallery. I had used our little collapsible wagon on Thursday morning to get a lovely pile started already. So as you might know, I have a LOT of work- I tend to get interested in a series of photos and then start painting those specific animals for a while, which is great because I get to know the anatomy and coloration and shading of those creatures really well. This is why I love doing my 30 in 30 projects!

This is one of my all time favorite paintings. It's called "North Shore Yoga" and I don't think I can ever sell it. 


 

No comments: