Monday, March 18, 2024

March 18, Jack the Donkey

Yes, Jack is not a cat. Sometimes during my 30 Cat projects I do like to paint a creature other than a cat, and when Carolyn asked me to paint Jack for her friends, Donae and Joe, I said yes, please.  What a face!

Sadly, Jack is no longer with us, as he somehow escaped from the hobby farm and was struck on a highway, poor fellow. I would have loved to have met him. He looks so wise and soft...

Here's what his owner Eric says of him~

“There are Donkeys and there was little Jack .
Such a personality, yet such a gentle soul.
He filled all our hearts with joy and never failed to put a smile on the face of anyone who saw him.
Wherever he is now, may his soul continue to brighten everything around him “

12x6 acrylic on wood
sold


No comments: