Tuesday, April 6, 2021

April 6, Finding A Frame!

SO I have a fun little story that got lost in all the fun and excitement of last week, and I thought I'd share it here with you! I have a painting that was accepted into the Rum River Art Center's Show (it is pictured below in the Gallery Show Opening at the bottom!) (okay, I actually had both paintings accepted, and they are both at the bottom) (oh and I made mom and Duane enter the show too, so THEY both have work in it as well!) and I needed to find a frame for it, and I figured I'd have one lying around somewhere because I assumed it was a standard size.

Is 14x18 a standard size?

Hmmm.  Not so much.  

I called around (it was Tuesday and the painting needed to be delivered Wednesday morning...) and couldn't find one, thought the Blick in Roseville said they had the sectional bits to put together to equal a 14x18, so I drove out there. But the sectionals were metal and the opening wouldn't work for my canvas, so I spent $100 anyway (on necessary things!  I know what you're thinking!) and then went next door to Turnstyle, which is a commission-based second-hand store that has home items too, thinking maybe I could find a frame, and sure enough!  There was this great crazy wood frame with an inside bit to hold the glass and print of Caribou (mislabeled "Moose Print") and I measured with the 8x10s I happened to have just bought (told you they were necessary things) and the inside opening was exactly 14x18!  Or at least I made sure when I got it up to the counter and borrowed a ruler before I bought it-

And I got it home and Duane and I took the inner bit out and it fits my painting PERFECTLY.

Here it is, "Light Breaks Through" 14x18 acrylic on canvas, and it IS available, but I may have to charge more because of the frame!  Hee!

"Light Breaks Through" 14x18 acrylic on canvas
$375

And come see the show if you can! Open til May 7th, hours listed below!

Gallery Show Opening
Artist: Laura Irwin-Schack
Artist: Jeanette Offerdahl
Artist: Merry Conway
Rumriver Art Center will present A New Day Dawning: A Celebration of Spring & Blooming gallery show opening taking place at the Rumriver Art Center Gallery (2665 4th Ave, Suite 103A) on Saturday, April 10, 2021 from 1pm-4pm.

The art gallery show will feature the artwork of local artists from the community who entered up to three pieces to Rumriver Art Center’s first Call for Entry. The theme of the gallery show as the title suggests is all things spring, nature and blooming.

Rumriver Art Center received 109 entries from 59 different artists. A judge outside of the art center decided which pieces would be accepted into the show. There will be a total of 50 pieces on display in the gallery. The artwork that will be on display is in a variety of mediums, including: mixed-media, mosaic, photography, watercolor, acrylic, alcohol ink, fabric, colored pencil, polymer clay, wood, and much more.

The Gallery Show Opening will take place on Saturday, April 10, 2021 from 1pm – 4pm. A 15-minute time slot reservation must be made in order to view the show opening in an effort to ensure the health and safety of all visitors. The gallery hours after the show opening are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9am-4pm and Saturdays from 12pm-3pm. The Gallery Show ends Friday, May 7, 2021.

Click on the button below to make a reservation for the show opening.

There will be People’s Choice voting during the exhibit both in-person and virtually via the Rumriver Art Center website (rumriverart.com). The three highest voted artists will receive a ribbon.
Artist: Kat Corrigan
Artist: Lili Lennox
Artist: Kat Corrigan
Facebook Join My List Logo
Follow Us
[Rumriver Art Center] | [763-323-8830] | [rumriverart.com]

 

No comments: