Friday, April 9, 2021

April 9, A Commission!

 This one is still being worked on a bit, but I thought I'd share it anyway!  I do love painting pets-  it's funny, because there was a time back when I was in my 20s living in Uptown, Minneapolis, that I really tried hard to advertise my desire to be a pet portrait artist.  I made fliers and went to Kinko's and made copies and brought them around to veterinarians and pets stores to hang up.  It took a lot of legwork, and actual cut and paste with scissors and glue, and talking face to face to people to ask them for a spot to hang my little posters, and I really didn't get much business from it all.  I think if there had been the internet and the availability of marketing that we have today, I may not have become a teacher at all... hmmmm...

Thoughts from a Friday afternoon~

9x12 acrylic on wood
sold


No comments: