Tuesday, April 13, 2021

April 13, another Commission and some thoughts...

This is another lovely dog, an older one, if I remember correctly, that I am just finishing up. 

I have to say again, how fortunate I am in my life, and how finding myself alive in the year 2021, in Minneapolis, MN, married and with a pre-teenager and three dogs and a cat and a tortoise in my house, continues to surprise and delight me.  And all of these things came through the fact that I was born white, in a middle-working-class home, in a smallish town that my Irish ancestors had come and lived in. I didn't know any black people growing up. Why? Because they didn't live in my town. Why? Probably because they weren't allowed to.

And that really, really sucks.

And I want to do something to fix it. But I don't know what. 

So I'm writing it in here, so you can read it and maybe it will make you wonder and think too...

Anyway, I love to paint. And I am so lucky that I get to.  Thank you for making that possible for me~

9x12 acrylic on wood
sold

No comments: