Sunday, January 24, 2021

Jan 24, Good Dog!

 I've never lived with a pug before, though I've known a few. When I was younger, I "approved" of bigger dogs, thinking they were a more "real" dog. After living with smaller dogs, like my beloved English cocker Jojo, and Max's precious jack Russel mix Gus (thank you Rachel!), and our current situation of the terrier mix Salama (my Costa Rican sister's Miami adoption) and our pug, Bunny, I'm realizing the benefits. For one thing, pugs are serious clowns. And they do like to run the show. And not in a mean way, just in a small tank-like insistence...

We all adore this little demon, as Max endearingly calls her. She sleeps with him on weekends, though she makes an occasional foray into our room. I try to discourage this because the cat sees our bed as his and I hate being woke up by squabbles, so Bunny is threatened with "Downstairs!" when she pads into our room in the middle of the night and she quickly scampers back into Max's comforter covered bed.

6x6 acrylic on wood
$75


No comments: