Friday, January 29, 2021

Jan 29, Poppy on Grand Ave

And here is the second Poppy store!  And again, I highly recommend going over and just seeing what's available- cute gloves for sure, and awesome scarves!  I need to take a pic of me in the fox dress to show you what I mean- 

It was tricky painting these stores, because there's a lot of detail and you have to figure out what is important and what can be left out- and that will depend on who the artist is too! I'm sure a whole bunch of people could have painted this scene and everyone would see something different. I loved the tree and the lamppost, and also the blue sky reflected in the upper windows, and the sandwich boards out front... oh just all of it! 

I also have to say I found this image on Google Earth after looking at a few others given to me- and I just liked the light in this one and all. Seeing as it is now winter, it's hard to take a photo of a current building and paint it for another season. And for some reason, people seem to prefer to have summer landscapes. for all year round, with winter ones just for the winter time. Though as I type that, I know we have two snow landscapes hanging in our living room... Ah but we're different!

8x10 acrylic on wood
sold!