Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Jan 2, Happy New Year!

 Here's another commission from this year!

And I wanted to let you know that I've updated my Pet Portrait Price List for the first time in almost five years! 

Though I DID leave the 6x6 at $150, for now- because...

 It was about time. It's just one of those things that's really hard to do sometimes... to increase your prices. It feels a bit.. self congratulatory? Grabby? So many artists I know have a really hard time with pricing their work, and commissions are essentially how I keep this business going. Plus I sincerely love doing them! Art is one of those careers that is thought to be easy, and joyful, and such a pleasure for the artist that they shouldn't have to charge for it and yes it is all of that, but it also takes hard work and practice and quality materials that cost money and continuing to work even when you don't want to and you aren't being paid for it (yet)... it's schlepping lots of displays and tables and art and setting up at art fairs and talking to everyone who comes through and smiling and updating all your technology so you can continue to contact your clients and let them know what you're up to...

It's a lot!  It's a life! And I am so grateful that it is mine!  Thanks for being a part of it!

Cinnamon
10x8 acrylic on wood
sold


No comments: