Saturday, December 23, 2023

Dec 23, Another Commission from Last Year!

So now I'm getting busy with all that holiday stuff, running errands that I never do any other time of year, and it's all good and everything, though there is this weird frantic sense too of trying to get a lot of little things done. And I think there's the wanting to make sure everything is great for other people part too, the wanting to fulfill expectations, to make it as great as possible, and that just can't happen. Or at least you can't control what's going to happen. Don't get me wrong!  I love the holiday season!  I really do-  I love Christmas songs and holiday movies and cards and parties and all that fun stuff, and it's just that I need to remember to enjoy it myself and not feel like I have to take care of everyone else.

Is that familiar to you? So I'm sitting at the huge window at the lodge at Hiyland Hills Ski Place right now, watching my beautiful brave son snowplow down the ski hill... I love him so much!

I hope you are enjoying whatever you are doing today!

Sergio~
6x6 acrylic on wood
sold


No comments: