Sunday, December 10, 2023

Dec 10, Stay Gold

 This is a very small painting, 9 inches tall by 3 inches wide, so I guess not tiny, but skinny would describe it better- one of the wolves at the MN zoo again, and I enjoyed painting the yellows around for the background which is why I called it "Stay Gold"- did you ever read "The Outsiders"? Cuz that's where that comes from.  Probably time for you to re-read it if it's been a while. And maybe you need to re-read "To Kill A Mockingbird" too, and "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn"- all good books. 

Did you know I also wanted to be a writer? I couldn't decide between being an artist or a writer in college, so I got a degree in art AND a degree in English in 4 years, and then because a guard at MIA for a while, which was an excellent place for an art education. Then I got a couple teaching licenses and then a MA, and then more credentials and stuff.  I like learning. Maybe that's why I'm a teacher...

And maybe this little blog is filling that writer's itch....

Anyway, this fellow will be with me next Saturday! Unless it sells before then!

9x3 acrylic on canvas
$60



No comments: