Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Dec 13, Baby Wood Duck Wobble

 This is the cutest little wood duck ever, and I've now painted it five times, and I'll probably keep painting it because it is just so cute!

It is a glorious morning in Minneapolis, a little chilly, but sunny, and the sidewalks are mostly clear and Pompom is happy to go running in her little blue coat and greet anyone, human or dog, she sees in the neighborhood. I am so glad she likes other beings!

At school, we are wrapping up the kids' clay ornaments they all made last week. I usually have the 3rd graders make little clay birds to take home for the holidays as gifts, and this year I had the 4th and 5th graders also make animal head ornaments to take home. I thought it would be easier for them than it was, honestly. I have to keep remembering that something that takes me ten minutes to make will take a ten year old an hour.... I have a bit more experience and skill under my belt. Also right now, this week before the break, our kids' listening skills are not at their best...

Hope you are having some fun!

10x8 acrylic on wood

No comments: