Monday, May 9, 2022

May 9th, Water Lights and the Yellow Line

 When I'm painting and teaching like this, it is often a struggle to get into the groove. You know you have to paint the first ones in order to get to the ending paintings, which are usually better informed because of that struggle! I remember being told in college in my painting class at St John's that it was impressive how I just jumped right in and started. I think the other students were more hesitant, and I remember appreciating the compliment because that is how I tend to approach my work and my life. I might as well jump in and get started!  Why wait?

This is one of the last waterscape paintings I did this weekend and its the biggest. I am really loving playing with all that water and all that color!


30x40 acrylic on canvas
$2400

No comments: