Sunday, May 8, 2022

May 8, The First Photo


 SO it's Mother's Day, and I'm in Grand Marais yet, with my mom, at the East Bay.  We just cleaned up the studio and are settled in for the evening, and we head home tomorrow. 

I never know what I'm going to paint when I come up here, though I do often have an idea. I didn't paint any otters this time, though...  I got up every morning (except this morning) and went out to get the sunset, which was earlier this week than when I was up here in March- go figure!  So I knew I'd have some landscapes, but the surprise was wanting to paint Max so badly.

As a mom, well and as a human, I know time passes faster than we ever really understand. I love the paintings I've done of Max as a baby and as a kid, and he is changing so fast physically right now, as a new teenager, that I knew I wanted to catch some of the HIM he is now too~ and one of his most important relationships is with Bunny, his pug. 

This is one of the very first photos I ever took of him with her. I love her sleepy, floppy little melty face...

20x10 acrylic


No comments: