Thursday, May 19, 2022

May 19th, Pug Party 3

 I know you know this, but it is seriously amazing how quickly time passes. As a painter, as a person who tries to keep a daily journal, I know this too, but when I'm caught up in the daily craziness of life in Minneapolis, in Minnesota, in the United States, on this planet, I forget to look around and pay attention. Especially to those amazing people who share my daily life, my husband and son. Which is why I love to paint my son- and sometimes my husband! But I love painting my kid more, because he is so constantly changing.   

I have all of his school photos taped to the wall by my desk (except for 6th grade because we were distance learning and didn't do school photos that year during Covid) and I love every kid he's been, in every photo. I can see the change in his eyes in second grade, when his gramps (my dad) died suddenly and we were all shocked, and I see the confident trickster in his seventh grade photo at the top.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have him in my life!

18x14 acrylic on canvas
$200





No comments: