Friday, March 25, 2022

March 25, Lulu for Lissa!

And here is a lovely black and white kitty named Lulu, another green-eyed beauty!

I'm up at the Art Colony in Grand Marais for a Solo Art Residency, in which I am attempting to paint some otters and deer and a few wolves, and possibly some of the lake too. It's been an adventure already, just getting here!   I left on Tuesday morning (after a 7am dentist appointment that had already been rescheduled once, and a video interview with the Star/Trib that had also been rescheduled!) and it was icky and exhausting just getting to Duluth, where I took a nap at my sister's new house, and then spent the next nearly 36 hours debating whether I should head out or not, as a winter storm came in on Lake Superior and dropped snow and sleet all over the place. Yuck.

SO I stayed an extra night at Beaner's, and it was lovely, and I'm so glad I did!  The drive up yesterday morning (I left around 6:30am) was beautiful and sunny and I got to the colony and set up and have been mostly painting ever since!  It is tremendously windy today and it feels like the roof might come off the old church I'm painting in...

I'm sure I'm fine!

6x6 acrylic on wood
$130


No comments: