Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March 1st, Moonshadow for Freya!

 I didn't actually get a story for this one yet, but I loved the face and the look and so Moonshadow is first!  And that word always reminds me of traveling around Europe in 1987 when I was twenty and carrying my Walkman with me and Cat Stevens was one of my tapes, and "Moonshadow" was one of my comfort songs and I'd sing it along to myself when my batteries died...

There was an island in Spain somewhere that was covered with feral cats, and this face reminds me of them~

I love those green eyes!

6x6 acrylic on wood
$130 inc tax, shipping and BOOK!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kat! Thanks for painting Moonshadow, one of our kittehs. The story is, Moonshadow often comes inside and sits down by my chair, hoping I will invite her up onto my lap (so she can warm her paws and maybe take a nap). She often gets this very intense look on her face in anticipation and I happened to capture the look in my photo. She's actually sleeping in my lap right now as I type this.

Jeff