Wednesday, March 24, 2021

March 24, Millie!

 Oh my goodness this was one I had to paint. Can you tell?

Another one of those beautiful crazy tortoiseshell marmalades!  And her owner Susan has a lovely story to tell~

This is Millie, her mom disappeared and a rescue woman my son works with found Millie and her littermates, 5 black males.  The woman found homes for the males, nobody wanted Millie.   My husband and son had told me I couldn’t have anymore cats-we have 7.  But still Derek, my son brought home Millie’s kitten picture on his phone and showed it to me.  What did he think I’d say?  I had to have her, I’d wanted a tortie for 5 years since my first and only dog died. And  just the previous night, I had, for the first time, prayed about getting a tortie kitten. Within hours, Derek came home with her picture and we went and picker her up.

I don’t know if you believe in that sort of thing, pray, I mean, but it sure was nice surprise.

Millie is one of those ‘cats of a lifetime’, she’s a real character and very special.

6x6 acrylic on wood
spoken for!


1 comment:

TheAntiquePalette said...

You have captured her utterly, that look on Millie's face is turning out to be one of her most often used expressions. A little blank but devilish, which is who she is! This is lovely and special, thank you so much for painting her. And no one (my husband or son) has ever regretted having Millie enter our lives. She never had that "new cat" adjustment period, either, she just immediately was part of the family. A special portrait of a special kitty, thank you so much!