Tuesday, March 23, 2021

March 23, Cecil, the Infinitely Cuddleable

Okay, so that isn't the title Cecil's owner, Connie gave him, but I sure think it fits!  This is one of those weird photos that actually worked out fine.

Connie says this about Cecil and his adopted brother, Tyler~

"I had just buried Dottie, my last cat, when I moved to my new little house and was thinking I might take a break from pet ownership (and being covered in fur!) for a while. But life had other ideas. One of my daughters -- who is cat-crazy -- went through a very serious health crisis the month after I moved and that led to a visit to the Humane Society, where little Cecil climbed in my lap and chose me. He had been badly abused and was terrified of a hand reaching toward him, but once contact was made he melted into a cuddle bud. Within a couple weeks, we decided Cecil needed a companion of his own species, so went back for Tyler, who was clearly a runt and also full of energy. They quickly settled into a deep, connected companionship. They are the yin/yang of each other: Cecil is the sweetest cat I've ever known (puddle of love) and Tyler is endlessly curious and a bit aloof (I don't need you, but it's an act)."

6x9 acrylic on wood
sold

 

No comments: