Wednesday, March 17, 2021

March 17, Oreo!

 I picked this kitty for St Patrick's day because he strikes me as a bit of a leprechaun!  I love Kelly's story and she and Oreo are why I've chosen MN Snap as my charity for this year's 30 Cats in 30Days Project! I've often had MACC (Minneapolis Animal Care/Control) in the past, and I'm sure I will again!

A little bit about Oreo from Kelly:

Oreo is a street cat who hung out in my back yard for a few summers. Disappeared entirely over the winters, and I assumed the worst each time. But he returned! I tried to nab him once and failed. Finally, I just got sick of being afraid and he looked so worse for wear this past spring, just as the pandemic took hold, that I grabbed him and plopped him in a cage. He seemed okay with it! Because MNSnap was closed, I pleaded my case to MACC where I volunteer as a cat cuddler. They were nice enough to take him in and do a work up, cleaned him up, fixed him, and sent him back to me. I then took him to my vet, who had to pull teeth. There were some worries that he was very ill, but it turned out he was okay! I took him in and he has no interest whatsoever in the great outdoors. He did like hanging on the porch in the sun (when it was warm). Now his favorite hangout is on a sheepskin by the radiator. We love him!

6x12 acrylic on wood
sold

I'm including this pic too because these longer panels are really hard to take photos of!



 

No comments: