Friday, July 14, 2017

July 14, Seabiscuit~

This is another face I had to paint.  His name is Seabiscuit, and here's what Lisa says about him~

He was an expressive dog! He was a rescue, a "Rez dog"' off the Navajo reservation. When he found us, you could see every bone in his body. He had a busted paw, couldn't hunt. We were leaving on a weeklong trip, so we gave him a bucket of water and a pound of bacon. We figured maybe he'd get enough strength to move on, but by the time we came back, he was guarding the house!

That was thirteen years ago. He had to learn to be a dog again, just like the horse Seabuscuit had to learn to be a horse again, so we named our dog after a horse.

I feel grateful to have had those years, and though I miss him like fire, I know it was all bonus time.

It would be an honor if you ended up painting the Biscuit, but either way, I'm excited to see the results of your project!


8x8 acrylic on wood, $185 click here to purchase!

No comments: