Friday, July 7, 2017

July 7, Hank~

We had a lovely opening last night at Tettegouche State Park, with Kurt Mead the naturalist who started the art gallery there, and which is starting more state parks to be considering adding galleries to THEIR visitor centers!
So this morning, I painted Hank~  this is he~  I loved the look in his eyes, and I'm going to complain for just a minute here about the problems associated with traveling and painting.  The light is goofy in a hotel room, I'll just say-  and I'm not sure if I added too much white to his eyes.  He has a kinda sad look in his eyes in the photo because of the rabbit ears he's wearing, which I chose to leave out of the painting, though I still wanted to try to get that look in his eyes.  Not sure I did-  hmmm.

SO tomorrow I'll be painting Earl, who is Hank's buddy, and for whom Hank was gotten as a "live toy", explains Cindy~  though they are sweet buds and I'll say more about Earl tomorrow!


8x8 acrylic on wood, sold



No comments: