Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Jan 19th, Florida Free Range

 This is a photo from Florida in 2016 when mom and I went to take an oil painting class from Dreama Tolle-Perry in February... Dad had just died that past November and we were both in shock. The bunnies were playing around the back of the studio space and they felt familiar and safe and sweet and available. They weren't a part of the class, or the pain we were feeling, and they weren't asking anything from me. They just were. 

And it feels really good to paint one again.  Like starting over. 

My friend Robin has also been studying mindfulness and meditation, and she posted a blog post this week for the first time in a really long time, and she also talked about Beginning Again. And that's what she said, " As I was getting back to place to start painting again, the idea of "begin again" just carried from my meditation practice and made it easier to open the door to that again.  Every time you are meditating and lose track of your breath because your brain is off on some wild tangent, you are supposed to just begin again and become aware of your breath again.  It's not a big deal and the idea of that made it easier to pick up a paint brush."

 I love that permission to just begin again. No strings attached. Like a free range rabbit in a Florida backyard...

Speaking of Begin Again, I do have some space left in my One Day Painting Class on Jan 29th, as well as in the Six-Week Class staring on Feb 6! More info for both Here! and Here!

6x6 acrylic on wood
$83 inc tax and shipping!
click HERE!


No comments: