Monday, January 24, 2022

Jan 24, Briggs, A Commission

 And it's Monday! And it's already the last week of January- wow! Isn't it weird how time moves?And I know if you're my age, it passes even faster. Do you think that's because we are more aware of it? We have more things we're trying to fit into a day now, and my twelve year old son doesn't experience time the same way I do... he's often heard to moan, "I'm BOOOOOOOOOREEEEDDDDD" when he's told to get off his device. And then fifteen minutes later, he's in the middle of painting something or building a lego or playing in the snow. And then time passes again-

Yup.

I'm painting Pop Art Appliances with my fourth graders lately, and we're using Crayola neon colored paint. And every time I demo for them how to use the brush to stroke the paint to the edge of their sharpie line, I end up saying, " I LOVE painting!  Thanks for giving me a reason to paint today!" and they say, " We love it too!" It's one of my favorite ways to spend my time.

I hope you have a favorite way to spend time too!

This is another Christmas commission! Amazingly intent look on Brigg's face!

8x8 acrylic on wood
sold


No comments: