Sunday, April 21, 2024

April 21, 30 Cats 2-4 TODAY and a Mug for Art4Shelter!

It is surprisingly fun to paint mugs!  In class yesterday, I made my poor students paint 4 mugs, each about 8x8 inches, in just over 15 minutes each... how's that for domineering? And they did great work, with the idea that we notice the planes of the shadows...

Art is all about observation. 

As an artist, I am constantly poking myself to make sure I'm paying attention. I try to notice things, like the light on a fender, the glint of blue in a brown eye, a pug puppy's dancing, flopping feet as she trots joyfully down the sidewalk. It's all part of one big painting I haven't done yet!

And today I'll be at Diamonds (1618 Central Ave NE) with the 30 Cats (and One Donkey) that I just completed! I'll be there from 2-4, you can pop by and say hi and see the work, and I totally understand if you find yourself outside in this beautiful weather and can't move from your place!  The work will be up through May 19th, Diamond's is open every day from 7 to 4, and you can always look at all the paintings on my blog here!

5x7 on paper
come to Art4Shelter on May 3rd!!!


No comments: