Monday, April 1, 2024

April 1! Charlotte and Bud! For Linda and Joe!

 Although it might be Bud and Charlotte.... am I being sexist if I think a cat looks more feminine and the other more masculine? I'm assuming Charlotte is the fluffier one, and Bud the darker one with the intense expression. Hmm. Am I wrong?

Yes!  I am wrong!  Bud is the more orangey one!  These two are siblings and Linda and Joe decided to go ahead and adopt them both and they are so pleased that they did. And I had to paint them together on this stool... they weren't placed there, they hopped up there themselves. TOO much!  I also had to paint them larger, and I will easily admit that I started this painting a couple days ago because I knew it would take longer, being a bigger one... and it isn't done yet!  I didn't get to the whiskers this morning!

I'm back to school today after a long busy spring break. I still don't have my clothes unpacked yet, and my jewelry is in little boxes on the floor of the bathroom, and we keep realizing we're missing something.... either packed somewhere else or never made it out of the house after the fire. We were living in the rental for over a year, and now are attempting to start all over again in the house I've owned for 20 years... it's a bit surreal.

I'm also not in love with our memory foam mattress...

14x11 acrylic on wood
spoken for


No comments: