Friday, March 20, 2020

3/20 Anya for Cathy

I love it when a client lets me chose the photo! I was going to crop in to Anya's face for this one, but the full body pose looks a little like a heart, and I need as many lovely sweet heart things to look at as possible, these days!
And here's what Cathy says about Anya!

When I lost my boy Pablo after 10 years together, I knew I’d want another kitty - just not right away.  Anya was born a stray in Michigan (my home state!).  She got pregnant during her first year, and started nesting in a trailer court.  The people couldn’t keep her, so Dr. Solgat agreed to foster her and her kittens (Dr. Solgat works at my local vet clinic but was finishing up vet school in Michigan at the time).  Dr. Solgat sent me pictures and told me about her playful, affectionate personality, so I agreed to adopt her once her kittens were weaned.  I’ve never been able to name an animal myself before, so I spent time researching the perfect name.  I wanted something to do with sunshine because of her stunning color (orange females are rare because both parents have to be orange for a female cat to be orange).  I found the Gaelic name Aine, which means “radiant, brilliant” - it was the perfect name, because I knew she’d be my little ray of sunshine after losing my Pablo.   But I knew no one would be able to pronounce it so I decided to spell it “Anya.”  She had four beautiful kittens, 2 boys and 2 girls, who each found good homes.  I visited her every day during the 12 weeks until her babies were weaned, then I brought her home on June 27, 2019.  She’s playful and spunky and loving and sweet - and I’m so glad she’s my Little Girl.
8x8 acrylic on wood
spoken for!

No comments: