Monday, March 4, 2019

3/4 Chimney Sweep for Cat~

Another example of a cat photo that caught my eye immediately~

And here's what Cat, Chimney Sweep's one, told me~

"I found her at the Hollywood Farmers market, my first weekend in my new Hollywood home, 8 years ago. Was not planning on adopting so soon, but when I picked her up, she wrapped her arms around me and... that motor - Purrrrrrrrrr! Her first two week trial with me she was a total asshole - peeing in plants, destroying things, biting and scratching people, and trying to escape up the chimney. Hence, her name. 

At the end of the two week trial, I called the rescue, telling her what a jerk this cat was, and perhaps it wasn't a good match. She assured me that Rainbow (her given name) was probably just testing me/settling in, and would I be willing to give her another two weeks? By the end of the second two weeks, you couldn't pry that snuggle bug out of my arms! And she never went up the chimney again."


6x6 acrylic on wood

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful likeness of the Feline Love of My Life, Kat. I lost her far too young, and I appreciate that she will be forever preserved this way.