Monday, March 25, 2019

3/25 Hobie Cat

You know I love painting black dogs, but did you know I also love to paint black cats?  This is Hobie Cat, who has her own hashtag, and who is the busy and welcoming shop cat at Florida Bay Outfitters in Key Largo, which is owned by our friends Frank and Monica!
I lived in Key Largo a long time ago and met Monica at Plantation Key School, where I was one of the art teachers there- it was a great experience!

We are in the Florida Keys, Marathon at the moment- Max is attempting to fish off the back dock behind our hotel room, and I'm getting busy on the hotel internet~  This is the first actual hotel we've stayed in, and I have to say, I think I loved the RV's better! We had great breezes all night in the campers, and the air conditoner last night wasn't the same at all~  there is a bit more humidity today.  We head home tomorrow~  Max said this morning "I wish we were staying another week, or at least two more days!"  Duane's been trying to help him fish.  It's what Max is obsessed with right now~

But that's enough about us!  I'm painting extra cats because it's so great here, so stay tuned, there's another today!

6x9 acrylic on wood
spoken for!

No comments: