Thursday, March 28, 2019

3/28 Dorian Grey

Oh my goodness, the ribbon was tricky on this one! This is my friend Robin's cat, and Robin has painted Dorian a number of times, so I was honored to be asked to paint her myself!  So many colors in grey cat, and those eyes were a treat~  that ribbon was seriously a lesson in abstraction and just looking at what value I see... I think it turned out well!

In Robin's own words~

"Here's what I have to say about Dorian Gray.

Dorian Gray turns 17 years old this month.  She is an easy cat to love.  She has always been a tad reserved, but her manners are impeccable.  If I am late with a meal, she politely lets me know, but she does not pester me.  If the door to a forbidden room does not latch, the other two cats push it open and immediately go exploring.  Dorian will wait in the doorway with her tail nervously twitching.  She wants to go in, but knows she is not supposed to.   For treats, she sits on command, will spin in circle (which we call dancing), and will jump through a hoop.  While she hates to be picked up, she snuggles in my lap and always loves to be brushed.  She is a very, very good cat."

8x8 acrylic on wood
sold~

No comments: