Tuesday, March 26, 2019

3/26 Dreamy, the Sweetest Rat

I love our hamster, Holiday, and I know other people who love their rodent friends. This is such a sweet story!

"Our daughter, Greta, has long adored her pet rats.  Sadly, they don't live long, and we thought this would be a wonderful way to remember one of her favorites.  Her first rat, Haret, had died, and we had been looking for someone to join the remaining duo.  There was a teacher at Greta's school that raised pythons - and also raised their meals.  We were able to save one tiny ball of fur from its intended fate.  Here's the journal entry from April 21, 2015.

Greta turns 8 AND a new rat comes home to live at our house.  She's smaller than Greta's hand - 2 weeks old.  She had already set Monty and Loowy down to explain what it meant to be a big brother.  "I started crying on the way home.  She's my dream rat.  She has Monty's nose and Loowy's ears.  I am going to name her Dreamy."

6x6 acrylic on wood
sold!

No comments: