Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10, Ember for Diane!

Ah~  have I mentioned how much I enjoy painting black animals? Thank you, Diane, for sending me this fantastic photo of Ember!  And here is what Diane says about her kitty~

I saw a picture of Ember online when she was with a local rescue group.  They said she had been rescued as a feral kitten with her siblings and all of her siblings had been adopted, but not Ember.  She was very shy and still acted very feral, and with the number of cats being fostered, she wasn't getting the one-on-one attention she needed to be socialized.  The rescue group was unsure if she could be socialized because she was one year old at that point.  I adopted her and was going to be OK whether she came around to liking us, or remained feral - I just wanted to give her a chance.  She started out hissing and running away from me, but after only two weeks she was rubbing up against me and demanding some love.  She has ended up being our most loving cat!  She still doesn't like to be picked up and giving her medication is challenging, but she is well loved and super happy in her new home and we couldn't be happier with her :-)


8x8 acrylic on wood, SOLD

No comments: