Sunday, March 5, 2017

March 5, Wooly the Brown Mouse

Yes, I've been in New York for an amazing art teacher conference, the National Art Educator Association Convention, and on Friday I presented a workshop on Paper Animation to a lively and intelligent crew of fellow female art teachers.  Here's a link to some of my 8th graders' animations from 2015- they did a version of the Three Little Pigs, just in case you are wondering what I do when I'm not painting!
This is our mouse, Wooly, who now lives alone in a colorful enclosure that sits on top of Plato the tortoise's tank.  He did have a companion, Cow, a spotted mouse, who unfortunately is no longer with us.  Wooly is quite sweet.
And I do hope you are enjoying my month so far!  It's been tricky getting to New York with all the stuff I brought-  security at MSP went through my bag and looked quizzically at my bag of paint tubes...  acrylic isn't flammable.  I'm not sure how easy it will be to get them back through when I head home soon!

6x6 acrylic on wood, $100 click here to purchase!

No comments: