Monday, August 22, 2016

August 22, The Pink Rug

I've painted Gus on this rug several times, and always love the results.  There's something about the negative space and the colors, and the shadows that appeals to me.  I love negative space and edges and there are a LOT of those here!
I've been at Track29 taking photos of residents' pets for my NEXT project, which is another "30 Paintings in 30 Days" in September, in which I will be painting a pet a day for the month with the final paintings on exhibition at Track 29 in October and November!  This is a seriously fun project, and I think it may be a bit more of a challenge than I may be up to, but we'll see what happens!  I have a lot of support and am pretty darn excited about the opportunity!
And yes, that is the sweetest dog's head ever~

18x18 acrylic on cradled wood, $650, click HERE to purchase!
And it will be available after September 25th, as it is currently hanging at Artistry!


No comments: