Sunday, August 14, 2016

August 14, Powderhorn Retriever

Here is another little painting from the Powderhorn Art Festival!  A really sweet dog, with a brief attention span...  I have learned that cheese is accepted more readily by most dogs than Milk Bone biscuits...  and it does actually hold their attention!  I spent this morning at Track29 Apartments in Uptown, taking photos of the residents' dogs for an upcoming show in which I'll paint 30 paintings in September, of only pets living at (or associated with!) Track29!  So stay tuned for THAT show!

And in the meantime, I brought my mentor and friend, Elizabeth Erickson, to see my show at Artistry-  she always offers the most amazing insights when looking at work, and it was an education just to walk through my work with her.  There is an abstract quality in the larger works, and we discussed that.  I'll post more on that tomorrow...

6x6 acrylic on wood, $75 click here to purchase!

No comments: