Wednesday, August 10, 2016

August 10, Pet Portrait Painting Class!

Hi there!  I had an EXCELLENT painting class at Wet Paint today, and these are what my students painted!  I painted a basset hound as a sample and TOTALLY forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it away, so maybe Katie will see this post and send me a photo...
We had such a great time, and everyone did SO well, and it was a reminder to me all over again about how difficult it is to do something that you don't know how to do, and how GOOD it feels to take a risk and try something new!
These are all acrylic on black gessoed canvas pad, using white transfer paper to get the initial image down, except for Lisa's black cat which was drawn using a grid configuration, and I have to also add that the youngest artist is just entering 6th grade, and she painted the final cat!  I wish I had photos of these after we erased the white lines as well, because they look even MORE awesome!







1 comment:

Robin said...

These are amazing!