Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 8, Simon!

This is Simon!  He is a gorgeous blue-eyed, cross-eyed cat!  I loved painting this one-  golly!
And his owner Maggie has a few other cats I'll be painting and posting!
Here is Simon's story~
Simon is my right arm.  Between him and my dog, I am never alone.  Simon is the cat everyone threatens to steal – everyone falls in love with him.  He was adopted from the San Diego County Humane Society in September of 2003 and is approaching his 12 birthday.  He started out with cotton ball white fur which has slowly changed over to a beautiful creamy beige.  I have been told he is a flame point Siamese cat which explains his orange ears and striped tail.  When I picked him up from the Humane Society, I was told he was the cross eyed cat and you can easily tell when he looks at you that they were right.  His beautiful blue eyes are what caught my eye when he was just 8 weeks old.  I had to have him.  My mom calls him “squeaky toy” as he has a short squeaky meow.  He is extremely vocal and follows me everywhere.  He thinks it is always time to eat and tries to steal food from his siblings.  He loves laying in the sun. 

8x8 acrylic on panel, SOLD

AND I forgot to tell you the winner of this week's drawing from all the subscribers to my blog!  The winner is Susan Gainen, and I'll be getting a copy of one of my blurb books to her soon as her prize~
There will be another drawing NEXT week again, from ALL subscribers to my blog!  Pass the word along!  Not sure what that prize will be yet... maybe a t-shirt?  Maybe a Kat Dog bag?  hmmm...

No comments: