Friday, March 20, 2015

March 20, the Cat named MOUSE!

Love this name!  And this one was fun to paint too!  I don't think I've often painting cats from below...

Mouse has had quite a life in his almost 5 years on this planet.  Luckily his vet and staff find him charming, because he has had one adventure after another.  
He likes to eat felt decorations (no longer permitted), roll around with the catnip tin on his head, talk like a Peanuts character and most of all be outside as much as possible.  In fact, we just returned from a road trip from Minneapolis to Jacksonville, Florida together.  As long as the treats are plentiful and I'm around, he makes an excellent travel buddy and entertains the other cars that pass by.

At home he walks around our neighborhood on a leash and scrambles up the sides of trees, waiting for me to help him down.  He isn't the surest jumper, but he makes up for it in scrappiness and personality.  Like most pets, he has an endless list of nicknames, but seems to prefer "King of the Softies."  Mouse has beautiful soft sparkly fur which my brother-in-law describes as feeling like a really soft polyester stuffed animal.  But he is all real, and I'm lucky to have him as my pal. 
8x8 acrylic on wood, SOLD!

No comments: