Friday, March 3, 2023

March 3, Teddy!

Kathy sent me this amazing photo, and this lovely story about Teddy!

Sweet silly Teddy with googly eyes and a crooked nose came to me from Last Hope because they needed a foster home where he could heal from various wounds.  After gaining his trust, of course I had to adopt him.  He never lost his fear of all people except me but he was wonderful with the puppy who became his best friend for the past 13 years.   He even allowed a little house mouse to live here for two years, stealing his kibble at night.


6x6 acrylic on wood
sold!
 Man, I had so much fun painting this one!  It's so funny- I do love to paint every day, and sometimes the paintings don't work out as well as I'd like, but sometimes they are just so... easy!  Like, they just spill out of the brush, you know? And I'm sure it's because I DO paint every (or almost) day and so my skill level is up there, but it just really feels great when one is this fun.  And I couldn't tell from the photos that Kathy sent of Teddy that it would be so fun. Isn't that weird? I wonder if it's more about the timing and the whole set up, like the paint is in perfect condition, I had a brand new brush when I painted this, and the light was good.

Life is just so full of unexpected surprises, you know?

I hope you have some good ones!

No comments: