Saturday, March 11, 2023

March 11, Aslan

 This is my friend Amy's sister's cat! This was another one that was an absolute delight to paint. And what a story~

In 2008, my parents signed up to foster cats from the local animal shelter. They thought it would be fun to help socialize cats and get them ready for their forever home. Their first foster was a mother cat and newborn kittens who had been found in a garage in the middle of winter. The mother and all of the kittens had a severe upper respiratory virus. Instead of the fun experience they had anticipated, my parents found themselves staying up all night with kittens who were struggling to breathe. Sadly, all of the kittens succumbed to the respiratory virus except one: Aslan! My sister adopted Aslan and my parents adopted the mother cat. My mom commented, “When you save an animal’s life, it’s hard to take them back to the shelter.” Aslan has been my sister’s best friend for almost fifteen years!

6x6 acrylic on wood
sold




No comments: