Thursday, August 13, 2020

8/13 Rushes at Dodge Nature Center

 I've been spending some mornings painting outside, and I painted this one a week or so ago with the North Star Watercolor Society people at Dodge Farm, in West St Paul. I had been there last summer for a great Picnic Operetta experience from Mixed Precipitation, and I highly recommend them when we are able to enjoy public events again! 

Anyway, I hadn't realized there was this lovely little pond with boardwalks/floating walks/docks to lead you through the water and the rushes, and I went down and parked myself and painted a few great little views.  This is one of them.

I was interested in depicting the reflections of the green reeds, and how the water was green and brown and varied colors...

So fun!

9x14 acrylic on wood
$250


No comments: