Tuesday, June 23, 2020

6/23 Mama Love

We were out of town for a couple days there, and what with one thing and another, it was tricky to get a post in! So here is a smaller version of a larger painting I've exhibited widely and only just got back into my possession. I've retitled it "Mamma Love" to differentiate from the larger "A Mother's Touch".  When we were out of town, I ran out of my yellow and we had to run around, in masks and with hand sanitizer, to see if we could find some but nowhere was any Golden Acrylic to be found!   The moral of the story is-  make sure you pack your paints!!!

I am pleased with this version of this painting- the main focal point where their sweet faces touch was  tricky to pull off, but I liked my solution of pushing the background further back and allowing their faces to be sharper.
So fun!

And I also have a winner of the grapefruit painting! Liana Kiff, your name was pulled out of the hat!  Congratulations!  I'll be contacting you and sending it off~
Wahoo!

9x12 acrylic on wood
$216



No comments: