Friday, January 4, 2019

1/4 2019! First post of the year!

It is a little disconcerting how having an unscheduled day really makes me lose track of time and I don't seem to get the stuff done that I need to get done...  as an artist, a creative person, when I was younger I greatly resisted the idea of a SCHEDULE because that seemed so constrained, so conservative, so... like my PARENTS.  Ack. 
But now, as an adult artist and creative person, who also teaches kids and adults, I am much more aware of how a schedule can help me make sense of my day and I can get more things done.  It's kinda crazy but it works!

Of course, there's also been the small lovely fact that Max has been off these two weeks too, and so it's been a delight doing random fun things!  like going and getting his passport renewed, and depositing checks, and picking up medicine for the cat...

Anyway, I was finally able to spend some time yesterday working on what I'm hoping will become an On-Line Painting Class, putting together some videos...  we'll see, and I was also able to do a 6x6 daily painting!  YAY!  That felt GOOD!  Just to paint something that I wanted to paint- so I'll be auctioning this one off, with the hope that this will be a generous new year!

And if you aren't on my Painting Lessons newsletter but have taken a class from me, do feel welcome to join us at the First Friday Painting Party tonight at my studio, #210 at the Ivy Building!

6x6 acrylic on wood
The first AUCTION of this year!
Give it a go and have fun!

No comments: