Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2, Sea Otter Swimming Left

This is the first real painting of this new year~ a sea otter swimming on the surface, from a photo Duane took for me at the Minnesota Zoo out on the Russian trail.  They are trickier to photograph than the river otters on the Minnesota Trail, swimming in their pool.  I think the light comes into the sea otters' swimming area differently, and it is harder to get a shot that isn't overly lit.  But I like this one~ there's that little wink in his eye, that spark of understanding...
I liked the light in this one- and I decided to try something new, or newish anyway, and I painted this one on a 6x12 cradled unprimed basswood panel.  I'm wanting to varnish it up and see what happens too!


6x12 acrylic on wood panel, 
$144 
click here to own this slippery fellow!


No comments: