Thursday, January 4, 2018

Jan 4, Sea Otter Swimming Right

Here's another version of that sea otter from the other day! I do usually love painting river otters more than sea otters, maybe because they are a bit sleeker and less whiskery, and local too~  though I do love both varieties!
The colors are different in these too~  I'm painting on raw wood~ so that pale brown is some of the wood surface coming through, and I need to create my darkest colors rather than just let my familiar black show through.  Still using my limited pallet of quinacridone magenta, primary yellow, phthalo blue/green shade, phthalo blue/red shade and titanium white~ and there's just that wonderful abstraction of the water, the darks and lights in there-  I'm wanting to play more with water again~


12x6 acrylic on cradled basswood panel
$144

No comments: