Sunday, January 7, 2018

Jan 7, Wet Paint DEMO!!!the lovely Bella~

It has been a lovely day here, in Central Minnesota, where the temperatures have risen from below zero to a more comfortable teens and twenties... and I had a really fun Artist Demo at one of my favorite art supply stores, Wet Paint in St Paul, where lovely little Bella was brought in by her owners so I could use her as my subject.  She is a year old Chiweeny, a Chihuahua- Dachshund mix, and she was absolutely delightful!  She was friendly to everyone, wriggly and licky, and I took a million photos~  and this is the one I chose to paint~
It is always an education to paint with an audience, and especially this one because I had two former students in it who were very good and comfortable with asking me questions, which were great because they made me really think about what I am doing which is a great thing for a painter to do in the middle of their process because then you really DO think about what you're doing and so become more aware of what it is that you ARE actually doing! Which can also leave you unable to talk for a period of time because your brain is processing what you just suddenly understood about your work...
Humbling would be the word~
SO this is Bella!
Though I do have to add that initially I painted the background in blue-green, but it was WAY too intense, and this grey-green is much better!  I am so pleased!

8x8 acrylic on wood, $135 
click HERE to make this yours!

No comments: